Our MRI Technology Program prepares students who wish to pursue entry-level positions as MRI Technologists in hospitals, diagnostic centers, private physician practices, and clinics.
Our curriculum provides comprehensive, real-life training to succeed in diagnostic imaging. We are proud to say that:
- Those program graduates with associate degrees are eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- We have partnerships with leading acute care facilities and diagnostic centers throughout our community that provide an excellent clinical training experience.
- Our didactic and clinical instructors have years of experience as technologists and educators, specifically in radiology.
Accreditation & Licence
The MRI Technology Diploma Program offered by Med College is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and recognized by The American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT).
- Diploma Program
- 24 Months Program Duration
- 96 Credit Hours
- Hybrid Delivery Method
- Financial Aid is available for those who qualify
Affiliated Clinical Sites
- University of Miami (MRI Center)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Memorial Health System
- Hialeah Hospital
- Bascom Palmer Hospital
- Larkin Community Hospital
- Lakes Radiology
- Vital Imaging Centers
- Universal Imaging
- Medical City
- La Colonia Medical Centers
- Doral Medical Imaging
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Unlimited Diagnostic Center
MRI DIploma Program Outline
|Class Number||Class Title||Clock Hours|
|HC102||Introduction to Patient Care & Health Professions||6|
|HC103||Medical Ethics, Law, & Cultural Diversities||3|
|GC104||General Survey of Human Anatomy & Physiology I||6|
|GC105||General Survey of Human Anatomy & Physiology II||6|
|MR102||MR Image Formation||6|
|MR103||Instrumentation and Equipment||6|
|MR104||MR Procedures I||6|
|MR105||MR Procedures II||6|
|MR201||Introduction to Imaging Science||3|
|MR202||Digital Radiography and PACS||3|
|MR204C||MR Clinical Externship I||3|
|MR205||MR Advanced Techniques||3|
|MR206C||MR Clinical Externship II||3|
|MR207||MR Clinical Applications||6|
|MR208C||MR Clinical Externship III||6|
|MR209C||MR Clinical Externship IV||6|
|MR210||MR Registry Review||3|
The tuition for this program is based on a rate of $395.00 per credit.
|Cost per Credit||96 Credit Hours|