General description of the process and information for the international (F1-M1) admissions.
Step 1. Apply
- Fill out and sign the Application for Admission.
- Submit the required documents on page 3 of the F1/M1 Application form.
- If you have dependents, fill out the Dependent F2 form.
- If you have a sponsor that will be responsible for paying for your studies, fill out the Affidavit of Sponsorship form.
Step 2. Pay Fees
- Once your application and documents have been received and reviewed by Admissions, you will receive an email with your Application Fee invoice.
- When payment has been made, your Admission Interview will be scheduled.
Step 3. Admission Interview
This process may take approximately 30 minutes; please plan accordingly.
Step 4. Acceptance
- Your DSO will email your Acceptance Letter with very important information. Please read it carefully.
- You will also receive your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility. Don’t forget to review it and sign it.
Admission Requirements for F1/M1 Students
All incoming F1/M1 students must meet the following requirements to be accepted into our programs:
- A completed Med College F1 / M1 Student Application for Admission.
- Official educational transcripts and diploma/graduation documents. An applicant who wishes to study at Med College shall have completed secondary education and be eligible for admission to college-level studies. (See Official Educational Documents for more info)
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page is required.
- Official bank letter of financial resources. (See the Financial Resources section for more info)
- Successfully pass the entrance exam (Wonderlic exam) with a minimum score of 250 or higher. Applicants with an associate degree or higher are exempt from the entrance exam.
- A $250.00 one-time, non-refundable application fee.
F1/M1 applicants should begin their admissions process at the earliest possible date before the intended enrollment term. Three to six months lead time is recommended to ensure enrollment as requested. View the academic calendar for application deadline dates. You should submit the required documents to the DSO/PDSO at least ninety (90) days before the beginning of the term for which you are applying.
Official Educational Documents
Applicants must provide proof of a High School diploma or GED. Foreign educational certificates or diplomas must be translated and certified.
For translation and certification, please contact:
Josef Silny & Associates
Address: 7101 SW 102nd Ave, Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Med College is authorized by the US Federal Government to enroll non-immigrant students. Eligible students are required to prove financial responsibility and enroll full-time.
F-1 visa students must comply with the visa requirements to remain in status in the USA. Med College is required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service to obtain verification of financial resources.
Each international student must submit the following:
- If you are self-supporting, please attach a bank statement in English. This statement must show sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for the intended study period. The required amount is $24,000 per year.
- If your fees are to be paid by a sponsor, please have that person complete the Affidavit of Support and attach their bank statement.
If you are traveling with dependents:
- Complete a Dependent F-2 Application
- Copy of each dependent’s passport page showing picture, biographical information, and expiration date
- The amount of $5,980 per dependent must be added to show sufficient funds to cover general living expenses.
Students with F-1 visas wishing to transfer in from another educational institution within the US:
- ALL Admission Requirements and Procedures 1-6 must be met.
- A copy of the I-20.
- A completed Med College Transfer Eligibility form.
Students seeking a Change of Status to F1, please ask your PDSO/DSO for additional information and the required documents.
F1 Policies, Regulations, and Rules
All students admitted to Med College are required to abide by the rules and regulations of the college, make satisfactory progress each term toward their program objective, and remain in good academic standing. Med College complies fully with the requirements stipulated by the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Health and Accident Insurance
International students at Med College are advised to purchase health insurance to protect themselves in the event that they have an accident or illness during their time in the USA. You may choose any health insurance company or coverage. Med College recommends the Student Secure health insurance plan for their international students because it provides comprehensive coverage at reasonable rates.
- F1/M1 Application for Admission
- Dependent F2
- Affidavit of Sponsorship
|Program Title||Total Credits||Total Tuition|
|Associate in Science in Nursing (F1)||110||$43,450|
|Associate in Science in MRI Technologist (F1)||108||$42,660|
|Associate in Science in Radiology Technology (F1)||108||$42,660|
|MRI Technology Diploma (M1)||84||$33,180|
|Radiology Technology Diploma (M1)||84||$33,180|
Ways to Obtain an international student visa
Transfer Student (F1 Students Only)
If you are an F-1 student, you may transfer to Med College. When an F-1 student transfers, the SEVIS ID number will remain the same. A DSO at a SEVP-certified school may not refuse to transfer your records for any reason. It is important to communicate with your DSO to help you maintain your status. Once your school releases your SEVIS record, you will begin classes at our next available start date.
Change of Status
If you are currently in the US with an active visa and want to change your status to F1/M1 Student Visa, Med College will help you through the process. The first step is to see if you are eligible. Please contact the office at +1 786-792-1289 and request a free consultation.
The US Federal Government authorizes Med College to enroll non-immigrant students. Eligible F1/M1 students must prove financial responsibility and register for a full-time program. F-1/M-1 students must comply with international student requirements to remain in status in the USA.
Apply from your country
The US Federal Government authorizes Med College to enroll non-immigrant students. Eligible F1/M1 students must prove financial responsibility and enroll in a full-time program. F-1/M-1 visa students must comply with the visa requirements to remain in status in the USA.
The Immigration and National Act has specific requirements which must be met by applicants applying for an F1 student visa. Consulates will determine whether you qualify for the student visa. Applicants must demonstrate that they properly meet student visa requirements, including:
- Live in residence abroad with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence.
- Intend to depart from the United States upon completing the study.
- Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study.
If you need more details about our international (F1-M1) admissions, please Contact Us